Our 50th Golden Anniversary


 

I          

OUR 50TH GOLDEN ANNIVERSARY

Fifty years ago today, Annette and I married in the Salt Lake City Temple. Life hinges on large and even small decisions we make and sometimes, looking back and knowing what we now know, we might have chosen differently.  Some choices we make appear wiser and more inspired with the passage of time.  That’s what that decision we made 50 years ago has been for me. To commemorate this milestone in our lives, I wrote a fun poem to Annette asking her if she feels the same.  We hope you enjoy and can relate to this poem which really applies to all of us and life in general.

                  WOULD YOU STILL SAY, I DO!?”

OUR Golden Anniversary! They say that’s quite a few-

But knowing then what you know now, would you still say, “I DO!”?

Six children came, two sets of twins! We had them pretty fast,

And sleepless nights that came your way, they seemed to last and last!

The diapers and the work that came was mostly all on you!

Remembering what you went through dear, would you still say, “I DO!”?

Then teenage years, the trials, and tears, we had them, not a few!

And boy I’m really wondering now, would you still say, “I DO!”?

Our grandkids now are growing up and going their own way,

We worry and we Chronicle, we fast and then we pray.

Their happiness is what we want, for not just one or two,

But knowing what we started then, would you still say, “I DO!”?

 

We’re wrinkled now, our hairs turned gray, our days are numbered few,

We’ve had our share of heart ache, but lots of fun times too!

Our kids turned our amazing! Our grandkids will it’s true,

Since I’m a late, late, bloomer, I might just turn out too!

But still, I have to wonder dear, I question through and through,

If knowing then what you know now, would you still say, “I DO!”?

ALL MY LOVE ON OUR 50TH ANNIVERSARY!

Bruce

PS- If you’re wondering what Annette’s answer was, she said, “YES, I would still say “I DO!” (I was relieved!) 

And now, knowing what you know now of your life- If The Father asked you again If you still want to go to earth – would YOU still say, I DO!”?

Much Love- The Grandparent Chronicles

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YOU'VE GOT FRIENDS IN HIGH PLACES !

A GOD OF 2nd CHANCES

JOHN LOUIS AMONETT