A Father’s Day Tribute To Dad


 




A FATHER’S DAY TRIBUTE TO DAD

 

To those of you who knew my father, Alfred Byron Wade, AB for short or as he was affectionately called, Big Al, you knew him no doubt as the fun-loving prankster that he was.

However, between playing practical jokes and teasing, my dad had a serious side.  At my request, as a young dad myself, he recorded his testimony in my scriptures. Here is some of what he wrote.

“Your mother and I have been blessed with a wonderful family, and we have always been proud of that. It always makes us happy that you boys and Darla seem to enjoy each other’s company and stay close together. As a rule, our family has been blessed with health and happiness through the years.  Although we have many weaknesses, we have tried to keep our family close to the church, because we know, I know that the church is true and have seen proof of the power of the Priesthood

Many times.” I’m so thankful that my dad didn’t just have a testimony but that he lived by it.

If you remember the “Donna Reed Show” on TV then you are probably like me, older than dirt! If you’re drawing a blank- it was a family friendly sitcom that ran from 1959-1966. It was a positive, feel-good show right up there with the “Ozzie and Harriet show” and “My three sons”. Still nothing ? Anyway, on one episode, their TV son (Paul Petersen) sang a song he had composed for his dad. It struck a chord with me. It reminded me of my dad. So, in tribute to my dad, your dad, and great dads everywhere; I offer the U tube link.  We hope you’ll listen and enjoy it and that it will help bring back fond memories of your dad this Father’s Day.

Happy Father’s Day!

Much love- The Grandparent Chronicles

ps- IF the link doesn’t work —know that it should but just
Go to U tube and search - Paul Petersen My Dad- Hope you’ll take time to check it out 😁

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YOU'VE GOT FRIENDS IN HIGH PLACES !

A GOD OF 2nd CHANCES

JOHN LOUIS AMONETT